Saturday 23 May 2009

I think I'm Tippi. Wish I was Eva Maire. Glad I'm not Janet!

Alright....I think it is somewhat safe to assume that most young girls wish their life would be like a movie.  While I suppose I am not exactly a "young girl" any more, I still at times wish my life would be a like a movie.  Unfortunately last night I realized that it just might be!
I've been seeing some other birds (not sure what kind, but they are neither doves nor pigeons) flying on to my neighbor's deck with what appear to be nesting material.  Last summer/fall across the parking lot in a big open field there were lots of birds that would hang out...but apparently now they have decided to move into the building!  I happened to be thinking about this and feeling oddly strange and uneasy about it when I started flipping channels.  Of course Alfred Hitchcock's Marnie was on.  I didn't stop to watch it, but seeing Tippi Hedren for that brief moment brought it all together for me.  Here I was cowering in my apartment becoming afraid of the growing number of birds that seem to be massing around my apartment building--with an almost attack from two days ago.  A better way to explain the run in I had with Judy Pigeon two days ago would be: think of the first time Melanie Daniels (Tippi Hedren) gets whalooped in the head by a seagull only without actual contact.
I suppose I am partly to blame for this all, but when I had wished my life would be like a movie I wasn't thinking Alfred Hitchcock...least of all The Birds.  Of course I've never seen how it ends, but I saw a clip of Tippi talking about filming some of the last scenes online last night.  I don't need to actually watch Tippi get pelted by an array of birds to realize that I am not going out on my deck for awhile.  Especially since at least Melanie Daniels had Mitch Brenner (Rod Taylor) to then whisk her away to safety.  I have no Mitch to save me.
If my life had to be like a Hitchcock film I would much prefer North by Northwest  or even  Notorious.  I suppose I was hoping for some N by NW  excitement when I moved to this great state.  After all, it is the Mt. Rushmore scene that really makes that movie.  Despite the parts involving hanging off the face of Mt. Rushmore, what girl wouldn't want to be Eva Marie Saint...living an action packed life involving both Carey Grant and James Mason?!?  I definitly need to start riding the train more!!
I guess at then end of the day I should just thank my lucky stars that if it must be a Hitchcock film at least it is The Birds and not a worse alternative.  Maybe its a good thing I've grown my hair out, live far away from Arizona, and avoid people with a taxidermy hobby.  Sorry Janet Leigh, but I'll stick with Tippi on this one!!
Now I just hope I don't somehow develop Marnie's irrational fear of thunderstorms or it will be a loooooong summer...

1 comment:

J. Pair said...

Hahahaha, I love you, you are hilarious! Next time we're in the same state we should have a Hitchcock movie fest, less "The Birds" :)